Sisters are special. They are the best friends we will ever have. They are the ones we share our secrets with, the ones we fight with, and the ones we love unconditionally.
A sister bond is unlike any other. It is a bond that is forged in childhood and lasts a lifetime. It is a bond that is built on trust, respect, and unconditional love.
If you are looking for ways to celebrate your sister bond, then look no further than picture books!
Reading with your sister or sisters is a wonderful way to create lasting memories and develop a deeper bond with each other.
In this blog post, we are sharing 8 must-read picture books for sisters of all ages. Whether you are looking for a new sister book to read with your little sister or you are wanting to find a special book for your big sister, we have you covered!
1. Sister Bear: A Norse Tale by Jane Yolen This beautifully illustrated book tells the story of two friends who embark on a journey to save their father from a magical troll. Along the way, they learn about the importance of bravery, love, and sisterly support.
2. The Lion Inside by Rachel Bright This charming story about a small mouse who finds his inner roar with the help of his brave friend teaches children about the power of believing in yourself and the importance of supportive siblings.
3. Sisters by Raina Telgemeier This graphic novel follows the story of two sisters who are struggling to navigate the tricky waters of growing up. Through family vacations, sibling rivalry, and the bond that only sisters share, this book is perfect for all ages.
4. A Chair for My Mother by Vera B. Williams This heartwarming picture book tells the story of a young girl, her mother, and her grandmother as they work together to save money for a special new chair after their home is destroyed. It is a touching story of love, family, and togetherness.
5. Sisters by David McPhail In this adorable book two sisters celebrate how wonderfully similar they are and how beautifully different they are as well. This is a simple board book with gentle illustrations that each sister will be sure to relate to.
6. Fancy Nancy and the Sensational Babysitter by Jane O'Connor In this fun and colorful picture book, Nancy's usual babysitter is sick and their mom hires a new one. Nancy is resistant at first but soon learns the value of having a caring and fun babysitter who also becomes a new friend.
7. My Sister, Alicia May by Nancy Tupper Ling In this touching story, a young girl shares her experiences of growing up with her sister, Alicia May, who has Down syndrome. It is a story of love, acceptance, and the joys of having a sister with special needs.
8. The Proudest Blue: A Story of Hijab and Family by Ibtihaj Muhammad This beautiful picture book tells the story of two Muslim sisters on their first day of school, and the importance of identity, individuality, and sisterly love amidst societal pressures.
*Fairy-Tailed is an affiliate of Amazon and earns a small referral when you buy through our site, thank you for supporting us and our mission of spreading the love of reading to future generations*