Written by: Oscar Redden IV
Illustrated by: Ros Webb
Albert the Albatross is a beautiful story of how one bird looks upon the world in a different way. The colorful illustrations and fun animals will make your child smile, while they are learning valuable life lessons. Actually, these are more than life lessons. . . these are world values we can all live by. Just knowing that some days life can be hard, but you should still do the right thing, is a beautiful gift. Oscar did a wonderful job of keeping the text in this book short and to the point, keeping the kids engaged as the pages turned quickly. It was short enough that we wanted to read it twice.
Here are some questions to get your minds thinking after you read this book as a family:
1. What do you think the title: Attitude equals altitude means?
2. How many fish are in the stream with the bear?
3. Why do you think the old ape started to moan?
4. Whose name in the book is Oscar?
5. If you could be one animal in the book for a day, which would you be?
6. Towards the end Albert recommends finding a good friend, do you have a good friend that is like the description?
7. What illustration was your favorite?
8. Albert is an observer of life, what is some good in the world that you have seen?
9. What is something you did nice for someone else recently?
This is a gentle book to open the discussion about right and wrong. It does not lecture so much as point out that Albert the Albatross observed many things in life. Through his observations of animals’ children can also view the world in a different way. It is a fun and uplifting book with a real message throughout.
You can purchase this wonderful book here: Albert the Albatross: Attitude Equals Altitude
You can Follow Oscar Redden IV here:
Facebook: Albert the Albatross
Twitter: Albert the Albatross
Author of Fairy-Tailed Wish – Available on Amazon
It’s more than a book. . . it’s a childhood experience to be treasured for a lifetime.