Written by: Angela Fields
Illustrated by: Violeta Samson
Basketball Beyond the Bench, aspire to be more than just a player, is a great book for anyone who wants to learn more about what is involved in the game of basketball. Maybe you have a child that is interested in being a professional basketball player, but you know how challenging that career can be to attain. It is important to not pop that bubble; however, you can guide them into the field by showing them everything the sport has to offer. Don’t discourage your child, educate them on all their options while they peruse their dreams.
Here are some questions to get your minds thinking after you read this book as a family:
1. Which basketball job would you want to do? Why?
2. What do you like about playing basketball just for fun?
3. Which would be your least favorite job in the book, and why?
4. What do you think would make a good teammate?
5. Which illustration was your favorite?
6. Would you rather play in a basketball game or cheer from the stands?
7. What do you want to be?
8. Out of all the tips at the end, what do you think is the most important?
9. What is your favorite way to stay active?
This amazing book points out many types of positions within the sport of basketball. There are, obviously, the fabulous players. . .but there is also so much more! Read this book as a family to learn about what the coach, announcer, commentator, score keeper, referee, and more do on and off the court. Your child will have a better understanding, and appreciation for the game as well as knowledge of careers that are out there for them to pursue for their future. Just for fun, act out some of the jobs and see if you can guess which one you are each being. It will enhance their understanding of each career.
You can purchase this wonderful book here: Basketball Beyond the Bench
Author of Fairy-Tailed Wish – Available on Amazon
It’s more than a book. . . it’s a childhood experience to be treasured for a lifetime.