Written by: Alanna Betambeau
Illustrated by: Philippa Burnard
This is the journey of two brother caterpillars as they figure out why the others are mysteriously disappearing. Will they disappear too? Or will they be able to solve the mystery? This is a fun story and educational as it shows a bit about the life cycle of the butterfly. Join Percy and Charlie and find out what happens when they get separated before they understand what is going on with this mysterious change.
Here are some questions to get your minds thinking, after you read this book as a family: (as always, adjust questions as needed for the age range in your household)
1. What do you like to do with your friends?
2. Can you count their legs?
3. Do you know what a habitat is?
4. Do you know why the caterpillars are disappearing?
5. Which illustration is your favorite and why?
6. Ants can carry 10 to 50 times their body weight, how many ants carried Charlie?
7. Which brother would you rather be and why?
8. How are they good brothers to each other?
This is a nice story about two brother caterpillars on an adventure to become butterflies. It would be especially good to read to siblings and discuss how they treat each other after. These two brothers really protect and look out for one another. What a good opportunity to talk about how your siblings are good to each other, or how they could be better. Charlie is sad when Percy is missing and he searches for him high and low. A good activity would be having each sibling give the other one a couple compliments about what makes them unique and special.
You can purchase this wonderful book here: Brother Butterfly
Author of Fairy-Tailed Wish – Available on Amazon
It’s more than a book. . . it’s a childhood experience to be treasured for a lifetime.