Written by: Karen Pessoa
Illustrated by: LuQman Amanat
Cam is a Giraffe that has an amazing double pair of sneakers (for all four hooves). This rhyming picture book has Cam showing off his fabulous blue and orange sneakers with the speakers, that is until they go missing. Your child will have fun helping Cam look for his shoes while looking at some great illustrations.
Here are some questions to get your minds thinking, after you read this book as a family: (as always, adjust questions as needed for the age range in your household):
1. What do you like best about Cam’s sneakers?
2. Do you have a favorite pair of shoes?
3. What song would you want your shoes to play?
4. Have you ever searched for something you misplaced? How did it make you feel?
5. Which animal friend of Cam’s is your favorite? What would you name it?
6. Where else would you look for the sneakers?
7. Which illustration is your favorite and why?
8. How do you think the sneakers got back to Cam’s room?
9. If you wrote the book, where would you have Cam find his sneakers?
Playing hide and seek is fun, but not when it is with something you misplaced. Cam and his friends spent a lot of time looking for his sneakers. It looks like he made a mess doing it, and has some cleaning up to do. This is a great opportunity to discuss how you treat your belongings, especially things you care about. You can go through and talk about Cam’s expressions and feelings within the book as he looks for the sneakers. You can tell Cam gets frustrated and sad along the way as he realizes he no longer has his prized possession of his sneakers with the speakers. Share a story of something special to you that you have lost over the years, or something that you found of someone else’s and got to return to make them happy.
You can purchase this wonderful book here: Cam’s Sneakers
It’s more than a book. . . it’s a childhood experience to be treasured for a lifetime.