Written by: Gentleman Jim (James Roberts)
Firefly Island is an adorable book about how important it is to view the world a little differently. You need to think about not just how you can be benefited, but that what you do is going to impact those around you. Our environment is precious and we need to preserve it for our children. Children will love the cute lampies and their wonderful village.
Here are some questions to get your minds thinking after you read this book as a family:
1. Have you ever been on a boat or a ship?
2. Have you ever been to an island?
3. Do you think the people would have been as nice as the lampies if the roles were reversed?
4. What would you have done if you were Lilly?
5. Would you have liked to play with the lampies?
6. Which illustration was your favorite and why?
7. Are you surprised they helped the airplane?
8. How did you feel knowing they would have to move after being so kind?
9. Did you like the ending?
10. If you could give this book a different title what would it be?
Overall, this is a great book to teach children that what we do in the world impacts others, big and small. It also is a great way to show that kindness pays off. Fighting with one another is no way to live, we all succeed when we work together to help one another.
You can purchase this wonderful book here: Firefly Island
Author of Fairy-Tailed Wish – Available on Amazon
It’s more than a book. . . it’s a childhood experience to be treasured for a lifetime.