Written by: Lauren Reese and Rebecca Rose Moody
Illustrated by: Lauren Reese
We all need a reminder now and then that it is important to talk and share with others. This lovely story goes through how important it is to talk about happy times as well as other moments in our lives that are less than pleasant. The illustrations do a great job of displaying to children how our emotions can way us down, but sharing with someone we trust can ease the burden.
Here are some questions to get your minds thinking after you read this book as a family:
1. How did Bear show Fox he cared?
2. What color were Fox’s happy memories?
3. What illustration was your favorite and why?
4. Where is somewhere you might go without your parents to create new memories to share?
5. Who are three people you like to share memories with?
6. Are there anyone’s memories you like to listen to? (Fox liked to listen to Bear)
7. What makes you feel loved?
8. Have you ever been nervous to share something that happened?
9. Does Fox look happy in the end?
This is a great story about learning how to open up and share. It shows that even though not everything is happy, it is still good to share with the ones you love. Children also love to hear about your memories. It is alright for them to know you are not perfect, so share some of your stories with them as well. It will bring you closer as a family.
You can purchase this wonderful book here: Fox and Bear
Author of Fairy-Tailed Wish – Available on Amazon
It’s more than a book. . . it’s a childhood experience to be treasured for a lifetime.