Written by: Fari Eliassi
Illustrated by: Christopher Beaubien
This is somewhat of a comic style book for ages 5 and up. It addresses the issue of germs and touches on the fact of the importance of washing your hands. Mostly, it is a superhero group called GermATTAXX. It is a fun concept and my daughter thoroughly enjoyed it. Although, we did end up shortening the names of the superhero squad as they were very difficult for her to pronounce. However, it was fun to come up with our own. The illustrations are vibrant and fun. There are many learning opportunities presented, in which facts are slipped in, as well as new vocabulary, which I loved.
Here are some questions to get your minds thinking, after you read this book as a family:
1. Which superhero is your favorite and why?
2. How did Justin not take care of his body?
3. Do you wash your hands regularly and for 20 seconds?
4. Which illustration is your favorite and why?
5. What does ally or allies mean?
6. Where do kangaroos come from?
7. What does prejudice mean?
8. Why did the frog make a good leader?
9. What is the best way to fight germs in real life?
This is a bit longer book and a younger child may not be able to sit through the whole thing, at least in one sitting. It would be great for a child that does not like to wash their hands, and needs a little more of a creative and fun explanation as to why it is so important. The germ illustrations are fun and engaging, as well as descriptive and your child may learn some new words. It is always fun to expand their vocabulary.
You can purchase this wonderful book here: GermATTAXX Superheroes Unite!
Author of Fairy-Tailed Wish – Available on Amazon
It’s more than a book. . . it’s a childhood experience to be treasured for a lifetime.