Written by: Lois Wickstorm
Illustrated by: Nicolás Milano
Is Colleen’s Dad really holding up the sky? As he walks around with his hands up in the sky pushing as if that is his job. However, no one seems to believe this to be true. . . except of course Colleen. This is a fun and imaginative story about one Dad and all he does for those around him. One day he decides to take a break to relax and join the party. Will the sky fall down?
Here are some questions to get your minds thinking, after you read this book as a family: (as always, adjust questions as needed for the age range in your household)
1. Would you go to Colleen’s party?
2. Did you think he was really holding up the sky at the beginning of the story?
3. Would you want to climb up the boot?
4. Did you think the sky was going to fall?
5. How would you describe Colleen’s actions?
6. Which illustrations are your favorite and why?
7. How do you think the people will treat the giant now?
8. How do you help someone else, that they don’t always notice?
This is a cute and creative book. What a great opportunity to discuss how people help when you do not even realize it. Take a moment to point out ways you all help each other as a family without even realizing it. You are all a team, although it may not be obvious on a daily basis. The sky may not fall down but you each play an important roll in the home and in each other’s lives. HINT: This would be a good time to talk about chores if you want to add something new to the list.
You can purchase this wonderful book here: Holding Up the Sky
FREE ebook- download August 25th 2020
Author of Fairy-Tailed Wish – Available on Amazon
It’s more than a book. . . it’s a childhood experience to be treasured for a lifetime.