Written by: Brooke Van Sickle
Illustrated by: Elizabeth Savanella
This is an adorable book for the little dog lover in your life. When you bring a puppy into your world, who is really training who? The illustrations are colorful and full of action, while the words are few they really make you smile. This book is sure to be read again and again in your home if you have ever brought a dog into your world.
Here are some questions to get your minds thinking, after you read this book as a family: (as always, adjust questions as needed for the age range in your household):
1. Who do you think is telling the story?
2. What would you name this puppy?
3. Do you have any pets?
4. Which is your favorite illustration and why?
5. How does the puppy show love?
6. What would be your favorite part of being a puppy?
7. What would be your favorite part of having a puppy?
8. How did the puppy train the humans?
9. How do you think the new vacuum will be a problem?
This book presents a great opportunity to discuss all the ups and downs of owning a dog, or pet in general. The early mornings, the chores, and the training. Discuss, and show from the illustrations, all the work involved with a puppy. They give a lot of love back, but they also need a lot in return. Don’t forget to mention the cost involved with the food and supplies, pets are far from free. This beautiful book is fun to read and your child is sure to laugh at how the puppy trains its humans. If you have pets or plan on getting some this one is a keeper.
You can purchase this wonderful book here: Humans in Training
Author of Fairy-Tailed Wish – Available on Amazon
It’s more than a book. . . it’s a childhood experience to be treasured for a lifetime.