Written by: Dr. Mounce
This is a silly and fun book. I would classify it as a beginner comic book. With its fast-moving pace and limited word count, yet packed with major action. . .your child will love these cute little characters. Baby Bigfoot and Baby Yeti are out to be active as they play some tennis. I hope they had a good breakfast first!
Here are some questions to get your minds thinking, after you read this book as a family:
1. Which character in the book is your favorite and why?
2. Why do you think the sun keeps moving?
3. Have you ever played tennis?
4. Which sport is your favorite to play?
5. Which illustration is your favorite and why?
6. Do you think they should have listened to their Mom?
7. Would you like to eat their breakfast?
8. Do you know how tennis and pickleball are different?
9. If you picked a friend to play tennis with, who would it be?
It is fun to play sports and learn new things with friends or family. This is a great opportunity to discuss a little more about the sport of tennis. You could pull up a professional tennis player and show them a few highlights of what a match actually looks like. Then pull up what pickleball looks like and compare the two. Finding small teachable moments in life is a great way to add a little more knowledge to your child’s brain. You never know when you will introduce them to a sport they will fall in love with, or just find a passion for that will help keep them active and healthy later in life.
You can purchase this wonderful book here: Let’s Play Tennis
Author of Fairy-Tailed Wish – Available on Amazon
It’s more than a book. . . it’s a childhood experience to be treasured for a lifetime.