Written by: Charise Leemis & Amanda Leemis
My Hollydog is an adorable book for the animal, and dog lover out there. This story was specifically written for 2-year-olds. However, if you have a 2-3-year-old in your family, this is a book everyone can enjoy. It is short with enjoyable illustrations. What a great way to get the little's involved in Family Book Club. It will hold their attention and keep a smile on their face. All while helping them understand your family dog’s emotions a little bit better.
Here are some questions to get your minds thinking, after you read this book as a family:
1. Do you have a family pet? Or do you know someone who has a dog?
2. What is something you like to play with a pet?
3. How can you tell Hollydog does not like the thunder?
4. Why do you think Hollydog does not like the thunder?
5. What would you do to help a scared animal? (if you knew it was friendly)
6. Which illustration is your favorite and why?
7. Do you think the illustration of Hollydog looks like the picture?
8. When you are older what type of animal will you get? What will you name it?
9. Is there something you are scared of? What calms you down?
My Hollydog is short and playful, with a loving message. It is a great opportunity to discuss how to gently take care of animals. Take this opportunity to practice roll playing: how to approach a new dog you meet on the street. Make sure your child knows they should always ask permission before petting an animal. Then once permission is given demonstrate how to let the dog, or animal, sniff you before petting. You could pretend to be a dog and practice. Your child will love this! Life is about experiences and making memories.
You can purchase this wonderful book here: My Hollydog
Author of Fairy-Tailed Wish – Available on Amazon
It’s more than a book. . . it’s a childhood experience to be treasured for a lifetime.