Hollydog is back on another exciting adventure! Do you remember her from her last book, in which she was scared of the storm? This time Holly takes a ride in the car. This is a wonderful quick read for any little dog owner that would like to learn what can go wrong, and how to prevent it, in the car.
Here are some questions to get your minds thinking, after you read this book as a family: (as always, adjust questions as needed for the age range in your household):
1. Who is your best friend?
2. Does your dog love to go for car rides?
3. Is there something special you like to bring in the car?
4. How can you tell when a dog is excited?
5. What is something else dogs like to chase besides squirrels?
6. Which illustration is your favorite and why?
7. Did you find the ball and unicorn on every page?
When you are in the car you buckle up for safety. It is important that we also keep our pets safe. One way they keep Hollydog safe is by locking the window. Think about other ways you can keep a dog or pet safe on a road trip. It may also depend on the size of the dog. We put our big dog in the back of the car. Maybe you would put a very small dog in a crate like a cat. What are some other ways you could practice safety? Have your child pick their favorite illustration and try and replicate it or do their own drawing of the anatomy or their pet.
You can purchase this wonderful book here: My Hollydog Rides in the Car
Check out Hollydog's blog here: www.thehollydogblog.com