Written by: Brooke Van Sickle
Illustrated by: Cabriela Dieppa
This is a creative alphabet book that is great to point out both upper-case and lower-case letters to your little ones. These little pirates are off on a fun-filled adventure out to sea and landing on an island full of nature’s treasures. . . will they find the gold too? You will have to read to find out. Mermaids, science, ice cream, and rock and roll! What more could you ask for in an alphabet book?
Here are some questions to get your minds thinking after you read this book as a family:
1. Would this be an adventure you would want to go on?
2. Which fish in the ocean do you recognize?
3. What activity on the beach would you want to participate in?
4. Which letter matches the first letter of your name?
5. Do you know what a quill is? How about plankton?
6. Are there any other words you can learn about?
7. Which seashell is your favorite?
8. Which illustration was your favorite and why?
9. Do you like to imagine you are on a treasure hunt with your friends?
This book is a fun adventurous way to discover the alphabet. You will love how there are upper-case and lower-case letters on each page. If you want to have some extra family fun after discussing the book: make a treasure map and go around the house finding objects that start with each letter of the alphabet. Discovery is a great way to learn for children.
You can purchase this wonderful book here: Pirates Stuck at “C” an alphabet adventure
Author of Fairy-Tailed Wish – Available on Amazon
It’s more than a book. . . it’s a childhood experience to be treasured for a lifetime.