Written by: Dev Petty
Illustrated by: Brandon Todd
This is a fun and playful book that children will love. The animals are putting on a show, there is so much to get ready! Bear knows one thing. . . he does not want to get on the stage. Bear is more than happy to be the note taker for all his friends. This story gives children a chance to understand that other people have feelings of being shy or scared too. However, with the support of friends and those around you, you can do amazing things in the world.
Here are some questions to get your minds thinking, after you read this book as a family:
1. How would you want the curtain to look?
2. What do you think the most important thing for the show would be?
3. What illustration is your favorite and why?
4. What job would you volunteer for?
5. Could you tell how bear felt from his facial expressions?
6. Have you ever felt shy?
7. Which animal is your favorite?
8. Have you ever written a song?
9. What kind of show would you put on?
This is a great book to display all the word that goes into producing a show behind the scenes. It is also an opportunity to talk about stage fright and facing your fears. Bear was able to overcome his fear with the support of his friends. Let your children’s imagination run wild after this, while they put on a show for you. It can involve making tickets, costumes, planning entertainment, and so much more! You will be surprised the fun you will all have.
You can purchase this wonderful book here: The Bear Must Go On!
Author of Fairy-Tailed Wish – Available on Amazon
It’s more than a book. . . it’s a childhood experience to be treasured for a lifetime.