Written by: Joan C. Yingling
Illustrated by: Ana Sebastian
If you follow me on Instagram, you know I love quotes. The back of this book has a wonderful quote on it: “Whether you think you can, or think you can’t, you’re right” – Henry Ford.
What a powerful statement. This wonderful book tells the story of just that. This cute little creature starts as a Can’t, and with the help of a wee little elf becomes a Could. The illustrations are fun and colorful and the story moves along nicely. This book is sure to put a smile on your face.
Here are some questions to get your minds thinking after you read this book as a family:
1. Which of the fairy tales mentioned at the beginning is your favorite?
2. All the Could’s playing are cute, which one do you like best and why?
3. What is something new you want to try?
4. What do you need to do to achieve this?
5. When Can’t becomes a Could what can he do?
6. Did you notice he can also help other Cant’s in the end?
7. Which illustration is your favorite and why?
8. How many times can you count the elf in the book?
Learning how to change your frame of mind is a powerful thing. This is a cute story with a fun history. The author wrote this back in the 1960s and it has now been illustrated and brought to life by her daughter. It just goes to show you, that sometimes it takes a team to make a dream come true. Help your child set goals and achieve them. It will make them continue this pattern for the rest of their life.
You can purchase this wonderful book here: The Story of the Can’t That Could
Author of Fairy-Tailed Wish – Available on Amazon
It’s more than a book. . . it’s a childhood experience to be treasured for a lifetime.