Written and illustrated by: Steve Nguyen
The back of this book reads “Build a Bond to Last a Lifetime,” and it does not disappoint. This book states it is for ages 3-6, but I think that is not so. This is the type of book a father should start reading to his daughter from the day she is born until she moves out. I could picture this as a wonderful book/tear jerker of a gift a woman would give to a father after they discover the sex of their precious little girl. Or even in the hospital on the day their daughter is born.
Once they are old enough to discuss the book with Daddy, and as a family, here are some questions to get your minds thinking as you read it together as a family:
1. How many stars can you count that make up the baby in the sky?
2. What creatures have you encountered in life?
3. Which creatures to you still want to see live someday?
4. Who are some of your special friends/family you adore?
5. Which illustration is your favorite and why?
6. What sound in nature is your favorite? Can you make that sound?
7. How can you show kindness to others?
8. What do you see in the box from the book?
9. What would you put in your time capsule?
Sometimes it can be difficult to describe and show your love for your children. To Baby from Daddy does a lovely job of taking you on a journey of expressing feelings that all fathers feel and want to show their daughters. Reading this to your daughter on a regular basis is a great way to gently remind them that you are their rock and you care deeply for them. After reading this as a family it would be fun to put together a time capsule like they did in the story. Then you can discuss when you will reopen it as a family. Each of you can pick 2-3 items to put inside and not tell anyone what you are enclosing. Write notes to each other, put in a craft you do together, a fun memory, these are the things children (and you) will treasure for a lifetime!
You can purchase this wonderful book here: To Baby from Daddy, A Love Letter from A Father to A Daughter
Author of Fairy-Tailed Wish – Available on Amazon
It’s more than a book. . . it’s a childhood experience to be treasured for a lifetime.