Words & Pictures by: Jessica Hische
This is an amazingly artistic book in which the words are part of the art. Teaching children, and reminding adults, about being a good person is priceless. Tomorrow I’ll Be Kind is all about trying your best to do the right thing, every chance you get, even when it isn’t easy. . . and we all know it’s rarely easy. Jessica Hische has a gift of melding art with language to blend them together creating a magical wonderland in this quick read the whole family is sure to enjoy.
Here are some questions to get your minds thinking, after you read this book as a family: (as always, adjust questions as needed for the age range in your household):
1. What did you do nicely for someone else today?
2. What did someone else do nicely for you today?
3. Which illustration was your favorite and why?
4. Which word that was illustrated is your favorite and why?
5. The animals being patient are cute, which one would you want to be?
6. Do you need to be gentle to a delicate butterfly or a basketball?
7. When were you honest, even when it was difficult?
8. What is something you are grateful for?
9. Out of all the words listed which one is the easiest for you? Which one do you need the most practice at?
Opportunity knocks to remind your child that as adults we are not perfect and we are also working on all these things on a daily basis. It will help them to be more confident in their mistakes and help them find learning opportunities to try and be better the next time. Make sure you are answering each question and not just searching for your child’s answer. They can learn just as much from you as they can from finding an answer within themselves. It is important for them to understand that we are all a work in progress and trying to be better versions of ourselves. Let your child know you are grateful for them. This book presents an opportunity to practice what we preach and display that in a discussion after reading it.
You can purchase this wonderful book here: Tomorrow I’ll Be Kind
Author of Fairy-Tailed Wish – Available on Amazon
It’s more than a book. . . it’s a childhood experience to be treasured for a lifetime.