Written by: Johnny Oddsocks
Music is an important part of child development. It aids in the development of many areas including, but not limited to, language, fine motor skills, skills for school readiness, social skills, self-expression, focus, memory, and so much more. What’s My Instrument? Is a great introductory book into exploring different musical instruments and finding something that fits your needs. Marilyn Mongoose is trying to find what suits her needs. Will she discover her passion?
Here are some questions to get your minds thinking, after you read this book as a family:
1. What instruments have you tried to play?
2. What type of music is your favorite to listen to?
3. Which illustration is your favorite, and why?
4. Which character is your favorite?
5. Is there an instrument you have never tried that you would like to?
6. What do you think each instrument would sound like?
7. Do you think working as a team would be more fun, or being a solo player?
8. Do you think it takes a lot of practice or you can be good right away?
Marilyn Mongoose tried a lot of new things. It is important to try new things in life. She found that being in a band and singing is her passion. It probably took a lot of practice and a lot of hard work. Take some time as a family to explore music a little more. Listen to some different types of music. Expose your child to different instruments. Watch a YouTube video of a conductor leading an orchestra. Make your own instruments and march like a band around the house. There are many ways to make music apart of your life.
You can purchase this wonderful book here: What’s My Instrument?
Author of Fairy-Tailed Wish – Available on Amazon
It’s more than a book. . . it’s a childhood experience to be treasured for a lifetime.