Written and Illustrated by: Tiffany Schleupner
Why can’t I go out. . . I’m not sick, is the perfect book to explain to children in a simple illustrated way why we are all social distancing. Life has changed, but how do we explain why to our precious little ones? This adorable book is simple and easy to understand. It covers quarantine, masks, germs, hygiene, and more. Without actually saying the terms COVID or coronavirus it discusses how we are all effected. If you are having trouble talking to your little one about the world around you, this book will definitely help you out.
Here are some questions to get your minds thinking, after you read this book as a family:
1. Are you washing your hands more?
2. What song do you sing while washing your hands? (20 seconds is how long you should wash for)
3. What do you pretend you are when you get to wear your mask? I pretend I’m a ninja. My kids pretend they are super heroes.
4. What are some benefits to being home more?
5. Which illustration is your favorite and why?
6. Do you get to wear your pajamas more, or are you playing dress up more often?
7. What else can you do to be a hero in little ways around the house?
8. Do you have any animal pajamas?
This book gives you a chance to gently guide your child through the interesting and troubled times we are facing. The simple pictures are engaging, yet not distracting. You will find the opportunity for your child to feel like they can relate to the character and understand they are not alone. We are all heroes right now ,doing our part in the world in small ways. This story will help your family understand that small acts will make a big difference.
You can purchase this wonderful book here: Why can’t I go out. . . I’m not sick
Author of Fairy-Tailed Wish – Available on Amazon
It’s more than a book. . . it’s a childhood experience to be treasured for a lifetime.