Written by: Lion I Am
Yummy Me Feels So Good is a book about feelings and emotions. If you are looking for a way to discuss the ups and downs of life (or just one day) with your child this is a great book to do that with. There are colorful illustrations and limited words, making it a short book. With repetition of asking the questions “Who am I?”
Here are some questions to get your minds thinking, after you read this book as a family:
1. Do you have a lot of emotions in one day?
2. What is your favorite feeling to feel?
3. What is your least favorite feeling to feel?
4. Is there a time you avoid other people because you see them feeling a certain emotion?
5. Which illustration is your favorite and why?
6. Who can you talk to when you can’t handle an emotion?
7. Who can you talk to when you want to share a happy emotion?
8. Do you like it when others share their emotions with you?
Yummy Me is a simple book and a great starting point to bring up the subject of emotions. So many times, as adults, we do not share with our children how to handle emotions. We are so busy teaching them the daily tasks of getting dressed, eating, hygiene, etc. (all of which are important), that we end up brushing aside the big subject of feelings. Take this opportunity to share some of your emotions with your children. It may be boring to them to just sit and talk, so make it more interesting. Play charades. Act out emotions, taking turns, and have them guess. It is also a great way for them to learn how to observe other human beings. Add a twist: when someone guesses right, they have to either say how they would handle the emotion themselves or how they would treat someone going through that emotion. Growing together as a family can be fun, make it engaging.
You can purchase this wonderful book here: Yummy Me Feels So Good
Author of Fairy-Tailed Wish – Available on Amazon
It’s more than a book. . . it’s a childhood experience to be treasured for a lifetime.